OUR PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Today, people are understandably more concerned about traveling than before the COVID-19 outbreak. Our highest priority is the safety of our customers and our staff, and to ensure that, we at Blue Car Rental have implemented new safety measures to minimize the risk of any spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) among our customers and staff members.
Blue Car Rental has updated its hygiene standards and has become the only car rental in Iceland that offers fully integrated online check-in. We make sure that you feel comfortable while renting and picking up a car at Blue Car Rental. With our online check-in, we have moved the check-in process to your computer or your smartphone, to minimize the risk of transmission at arrival. With online check-in, you can pick up your car with minimum contact. (Pay – sign – pick up) By doing so, we have eliminated all waiting time.
- Pay on arrival for worry-free booking
- Modification without any fees
- Cancel more than 24 hours prior to the rental and get a full refund (100%)
Book your car today with Zero Worries
- Free cancellation on all bookings.
- Fully refundable payment when booking online.
- Modify your booking at any time.
- Our customer can return the car earlier or right away and receive full refund for the unused days.
Before you arrive
- Additional cleaning of our cars with disinfectant has been implemented. All done before your rental.
- Increased frequencies of cleaning at our offices. Key contact areas are disinfected throughout the day.
Online Check-in/pick up
- Full self-service online check-in
- Minimum direct contact
- No waiting time at the arrival
- Zero worries
Car Rental Return
- Drop off your fellow travelers at the airport
- Curbside service
- Walking distance to the terminal
Traveling to Iceland
All travellers arriving in Iceland on and after 19 August 2020 have 2 options. They may choose either to submit to two screening tests for COVID-19, separated by five day quarantine until the results of the second test are known, or else not to undergo border screening but instead to spend 14 days in quarantine after arrival. Here is some information about the test process:
- The cost for the first test is approximately €60 per person.
- The estimated waiting time for the test is a maximum one hour at the airport.
- Most results will be delivered within the day. By phone, by the app, online, or via text.
- You need to register your entry and your first accommodation before your arrival.
- The second test can be taken at health care services around the country.
- The second test is free.
- Quarantine is over when a negative result is obtained from the second test.
- Children born in 2005 or later do not need to undergo the test.
- At the moment, it is not possible to accept proof of test results from other countries, but we also believe that this might become a trusted source within the EU soon.