OUR PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Today, people are understandably more concerned about traveling than before the COVID-19 outbreak. Our highest priority is the safety of our customers and our staff, and to ensure that, we at Blue Car Rental have implemented new safety measures to minimize the risk of any spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) among our customers and staff members.
Blue Car Rental has updated its hygiene standards and has become the only car rental in Iceland that offers fully integrated online check-in. We make sure that you feel comfortable while renting and picking up a car at Blue Car Rental. With our online check-in, we have moved the check-in process to your computer or your smartphone, to minimize the risk of transmission at arrival. With online check-in, you can pick up your car with minimum contact. (Pay – sign – pick up) By doing so, we have eliminated all waiting time.
- Pay on arrival for worry-free booking
- Modification without any fees
- Cancel more than 24 hours prior to the rental and get a full refund (100%)
Book your car today with Zero Worries
- Free cancellation on all bookings.
- Fully refundable payment when booking online.
- Modify your booking at any time.
- Our customer can return the car earlier or right away and receive full refund for the unused days.
Before you arrive
- Additional cleaning of our cars with disinfectant has been implemented. All done before your rental.
- Increased frequencies of cleaning at our offices. Key contact areas are disinfected throughout the day.
Online Check-in/pick up
- Full self-service online check-in
- Minimum direct contact
- No waiting time at the arrival
- Zero worries
Car Rental Return
- Drop off your fellow travelers at the airport
- Curbside service
- Walking distance to the terminal
Traveling to Iceland
All travellers arriving in Iceland on and after 19 February 2021 are required to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of their time of departure to Iceland. In addition, the double screening system also applies to all travellers, which requires a PCR test upon arrival followed by a 5-6 day quarantine and a second PCR test.
From the 1st of July there will be no further quarantine in Iceland. You may need to take a test before you arrive but upon arrival you will be free to travel. So you do not need to worry about the quarantine this summer.
So if you are worried about the quarantine, that will change from the start of July
These requirements do not apply to travellers which can provide a valid proof of having been vaccinated or prior infection. As of now, all vaccinated persons do not need to quarantine but they need to take one PCR test after the arrival at the airport. The test results arrive within couple of hours
A certificate requires the following details:
- Be in Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish or English.
- First name and last name (as in travel documents).
- Date of birth.
- When test was performed (date).
- Where test was performed (country/city/address).
- Name of laboratory/issuer of certificate.
- Date of certificate.
- Phone number of laboratory or responsible authority.
- Type of test performed (PCR-test or antibody test with ELISA/serologic assay**).
- Result of test (PCR-test positive for SARS-CoV-2 or antibodies present).
Testing at the border is free of charge.
Travellers may not be picked up at the airport but can pick up a rental car.
The quarantine ends when a negative result (virus not detected) is obtained from the second testing.
A positive test will always result in isolation in a managed isolation facility.
Click here for further information
Clean and Safe
Safe travels with Blue Car Rental.
Blue Car Rental is a participant in The Clean and Safe project, launched by the Icelandic Tourist Board. The purpose of the project is to help companies in the tourist industry to welcome their customers and make them feel safe in a responsible way while travelling in Iceland. The project is based on a foreign model and approved by the Health inspection authorities in Iceland as well as World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
The project is intended to increase the credibility of tourism in Iceland. Companies participating in the project must complete a self-assessment including measures for cleaning and infection prevention. Blue Car Rental is proud to be a part of the project and prove that Iceland is ready to welcome its guests with professionalism and responsibility. Let us make you feel safe while creating new memories in Iceland!