OUR PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Today, people are understandably more concerned about traveling than before the COVID-19 outbreak. Our highest priority is the safety of our customers and our staff, and to ensure that, we at Blue Car Rental have implemented new safety measures to minimize the risk of any spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) among our customers and staff members.
Blue Car Rental has updated its hygiene standards and has become the only car rental in Iceland that offers fully integrated online check-in. We make sure that you feel comfortable while renting and picking up a car at Blue Car Rental. With our online check-in, we have moved the check-in process to your computer or your smartphone, to minimize the risk of transmission at arrival. With online check-in, you can pick up your car with minimum contact. (Pay – sign – pick up) By doing so, we have eliminated all waiting time.
- Pay on arrival for worry-free booking
- Modification without any fees
- Cancel more than 24 hours prior to the rental and get a full refund (100%)
Before you arrive
- Additional cleaning of our cars with disinfectant has been implemented. All done before your rental.
- Increased frequencies of cleaning at our offices. Key contact areas are disinfected throughout the day.
Online Check-in/pick up
- Full self-service online check-in
- Minimum direct contact
- No waiting time at the arrival
- Zero worries
Car Rental Return
- Drop off your fellow travelers at the airport
- Curbside service
- Walking distance to the terminal
Traveling to Iceland
The country will be opened for tourists on June 15th.
All travelers have 2 options. A 14-day quarantine or undergo the Covid-19 test at the airport. Clearly, everyone will go for the test.
Here is some information about the test at the airport:
- From June 15th until July 1st, will be a trial period where the test will be for free.
- After that, the cost will be approximately €60 per person.
- This is up for consideration as the travel industry is putting a significant pressure on the government to lower this cost
- We expect it to be lowered – We also believe that if the initial testing period is positive (Few or none infections), they will soon stop the testing.
- The estimated waiting time for the test is a maximum one hour at the airport.
- Most results will be delivered within the day. By phone, by the app, online, or via text.
- You need to register your entry and your first accommodation before your arrival.
- Children born in 2005 or later do not need to undergo the test.
- Travelers from outside of high-risk areas (currently Greenland and the Faroe Islands) do not need to undergo the test. We believe the list of countries on this list will expand rapidly as the summer prolongs.
- At the moment, it is not possible to accept proof of test results from other countries, but we also believe that this might become a trusted source within the EU soon.